Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ok here i am ! I hope I did this right...
I think the important fact for us to keep in my with regards to what we discussed in class is that it's neccessary to know all the facts of every case before we decide one case was given more publicity than another. This being said I don't know every factor in the girl's stories, so I can't tell which is more "important" than the other. Secondly, we have to remember that the news is about money also. News is something else that fills up the space between commercials. A station isn't going to air something that the public isn't interested in. Millions of dollars is spent every year to find out what we're interested in, and I guarantee you they know which stories will make them money and which will not. With this in mind, we have to consider why we tune in and why we tune out. Is it the media's fault for not showing more diversity in their coverage, or are the viewers' decision to turn the channel driving their news selection. There's a reason they're airing what they're airing. It's because they've found those reports are the one's who bring in the most viewers. It's not right or wrong...it's a fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home